Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bye Bye Mosquitoes, Welcome Guests

Fogging and 'kenduri'! The Town Council decided to send their workers to carry out fogging in my housing area the same day I planned my 'kenduri' for my friends. I had been planning to have this 'kenduri' for quite sometime and I was fortunate when Zainal and Aa volunteered to come down from Pahang to help. I was quite worried when they still hadn't arrived at my place when the time was already 12.00 p.m. I had nobody else to help me since I had only invited people to eat and not to help! Luckily, they showed up not long after that and we went shopping for grocery immediately after that. I was quite surprised when they brought along their own cooking utensils and a big rice cooker. Mira came to help and proved that he had not lost any of his cooking skills. Mira once worked in the kitchen of a well-known beach resort in Pangkor with me and that is how I got to know him. I went to fetch Fa's mother and brother from his place during lunch and also to borrow a few things from his place. I had also asked Intan, my assistant at my salon and her boyfriend to come early to help so I had enough manpower to get the cooking done. Fa came quite late after work and my sister's family came all the way from Manjung. She knew how much I missed home-cooked food so she didn't come empty-handed. Thank you, sis! I didn't have any pictures of the 'kenduri' since I was busy entertaining my guests. The only pictures here are taken by Fa when those guys came to do the fogging. He told them to go further up the block to do their job so the 'smoke' would not get into my house. More than 90 people turned up and thank God, I had enough food for everyone. Thank you, guys for coming to my humble house!

No comments: