Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Selamat Hari Raya

I went back to Pangkor during Hari Raya itself and not on the eve as I planned. I was planning to go back to my hometown around noon but I had to shelf my plan since there were many who decided to have their hair done at my salon at the last minute. Talk about proper planning! I finally closed shop at around 8.00 p.m. but by then, it was already too late. I was hungry and tired and it rained real hard. How was I supposed to go home in that condition and weather? I definitely did not want to add another number to the statistics. So I did what I did the year before. I stayed and waited for the next morning. After Hari Raya prayers, I went to my friend's place (Fa) and he was shocked to see that I was still here. He thought I had already gone back in wee hours of the morning. I had my Hari Raya breakfast at his house and after that, I left for Pangkor. I stopped for a while at my sister's place in Manjung before I took the ferry that carried me across to my beloved hometown. Happy Hari Raya to all!

No comments: